Chapter 1 – “A Regular Revolution” Carla, Sandi, Yoyo, Fifi
1. What is strange about the years listed at the beginning of this second section?
2. Why does Papi decide to become an American citizen?
3. What kinds of mischief do the García girls get into, resulting in threats from the parents to
ship them back to the island?
4. Name two incidents from the story that show how the García girls stick together.
5. What is Mami’s “little revolution”?
6. Why do the Fifi’s sisters think she has turned into an “S.A.P?”
7. Who is Manuel Gustavo?
8. For what reasons do Fifi’s sisters question her relationship with Manuel? What is their
nickname for him?
9. Why do the García sisters finally decide to get rid of Manuel?