Hard Times Study Guide & Essays
Hard Times was originally published in serial form, in a magazine called Household Words beginning on April 1, 1854. The last time that Dickens had published a work in serial form was in 1841 and when publication of Hard Times had begun, Dickens was barely halfway through the writing. In the end…
Hard Times study guide contains a biography of Charles Dickens, literature essays, a complete e-text, quiz questions, major themes, characters, and a full summary and analysis.
- Hard Times Summary
- About Hard Times
- Character List
- Major Themes
- Summary and Analysis of Book I, Chapters 1-5
- Summary and Analysis of Book I, Chapters 6-10
- Summary and Analysis of Book I, Chapters 11-16
- Summary and Analysis of Book II, Chapters 1-6
- Louisa as Victim
- Black Pools of Tragedy
- Love versus Reality in Charles Dickens' Hard Times
- Hard Times: A Microcosm of Urban Factories
- The Intellectual Limits of Class: Fact vs. Truth in Hard Times and Howard's End
- Book the First - Sowing. Chapters 1-5.
- Book the First - Sowing. Chapters 6-10.
- Book the First - Sowing. Chapters 11-16.
- Book the Second - Reaping. Chapters 1-6.
Someone help me