- Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Play (1987)
- Pulitzer Prize for Drama (1987)
- Tony Award for Best Play (1987)
- Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Revival of a Play (2010)
- Tony Award for Best Revival of a Play (2010)
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.
The Question and Answer section for Fences is a great resource to ask questions, find answers, and discuss the novel.
Troy naturally assumes that Lyons will soon be back for another "loan", it's a bit of a habit for Lyons to come to his father for money. Thus, to prove his point, Troy tells Lyons to put the money in the bank, so he can just go and take it out...
Lyons encourages his brother to stay in the military and take advantage of the early retirement.
From the text:
“Death ain’t nothing but a fastball on the outside corner…That’s all death is to me.”