whats a logo's quote in his article ?
Answers 1Add Yours
"Logos: The author appeals to logos throughout the entire novel. In doing so he presents numerous statists and information concerning injury rates, pay, employees in the fast food business, etc. This allows him to explain to the reader how the fast food industry got started as well as its’ negative effects."
- "·The author describes the fast food industry as a business which has "infiltrated every nook and cranny" in America, and a result "Americans spend... in 2001... more than $110 billion." (P. 3)
- ·This informs the reader why businesses were starting up in the Western region of the United States. "... low cost competition from IBP presented Chicago meatpackers with a stark choice: to go west or go out of business..." (P. 155)
- ·“Many slaughterhouse workers make a knife cut every two or three seconds, in which adds up to about 10,000 cuts during an eight-hour shift. If the knife has become dull, additional pressure is placed on the worker's tendons, joints, and nerves." (P. 173)
- ·"The medical literature on the causes of food poisoning is full of euphemisms and dry scientific terms: coliform levels, aerobic plate counts, sorbitol, MacConkey agar, and so on. Behind them lies a simple explanation for why eating a hamburger can now make you seriously ill: There is shit in the meat." (P. 196)
- ·"The average American ate three hamburgers a week... children between the ages of seven and thirteen ate more hamburgers than anyone else." (P. 198)"