In answering the above questions, you must demonstrate that you understand the following:
1. Communicate a sensitive and informed personal response to literary text. (this is your
2. Understand the meanings of the text beyond the surface. (author’s purpose and implications)
3. Recognize ways in which the writer uses language, structure and form to create and shape meaning and
effects. (tone, point of view, pun, alliteration, malapropisms, imagery, other literary techniques, etc)
4. Knowledge of the text through the use of close reference to details and use of quotations.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of characters, relationships, situations and themes.