The novel has been adapted for the screen at least four times:
- 1917 – Dombey and Son a British Silent film starring Norman McKinnel as Paul Dombey and Hayford Hobbs as Walter Gay
- 1931 – Rich Man's Folly a loose adaptation of the novel which is modernised and set in the United States
- 1969 – a television mini-series starring John Carson as Paul Dombey and Derek Seaton as Walter Gay
- 1974 – Dombi i syn a Soviet teleplay starring Valentin Gaft as Paul Dombey and Konstantin Raikin as Walter Gay
- 1983 – a television mini-series starring Julian Glover as Paul Dombey and Max Gold as Walter Gay
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.