This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.
Film, TV or theatrical adaptations
The novel has been adapted for the screen at least four times:
- 1917 – Dombey and Son a British Silent film starring Norman McKinnel as Paul Dombey and Hayford Hobbs as Walter Gay
- 1931 – Rich Man's Folly a loose adaptation of the novel which is modernised and set in the United States
- 1969 – a television mini-series starring John Carson as Paul Dombey and Derek Seaton as Walter Gay
- 1974 – Dombi i syn a Soviet teleplay starring Valentin Gaft as Paul Dombey and Konstantin Raikin as Walter Gay
- 1983 – a television mini-series starring Julian Glover as Paul Dombey and Max Gold as Walter Gay
- Plot summary
- Critical appreciation
- Characters in "Dombey and Son"
- Film, TV or theatrical adaptations
- Original publication