This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.
- 1842: D.J. Hogarth (now in the public domain)
- 1936: Constance Garnett (published by The Modern Library, reissued in 2007 by Kessinger Publishing; Introduction by Clifford Odets).
- 1942: Bernard Guilbert Guerney (published by the New York Readers' Club, revised 1948).
- 1961: Andrew R MacAndrew (published by The New American Library; Foreword by Frank O'Connor).
- 1996: Richard Pevear and Larissa Volokhonsky (published by Pantheon Books).
- 1998: Christopher English (published by Oxford World's Classics, reissued in 2009).
- 2004: Robert A. Maguire (published by Penguin Classics).
- 2008, 2012: Donald Rayfield (published by New York Review Books).
- English translations