In 1996, the producers created a spinoff television series, which followed the continuing adventures of Cher and her friends. Several cast members from the film went on to star in the series, with the notable exceptions of Silverstone (who went on to sign a film deal with Columbia-TriStar worth $10 million) and Rudd (whose film career began to take off). Silverstone was replaced in the series with actress Rachel Blanchard.
- Dash reprised the role of Dionne.
- Faison reprised the role of Murray.
- Donovan reprised the role of Amber.
- Michael Lerner (first season) and Doug Sheehan replaced Hedaya as Mel.
- David Lascher replaced Rudd as Josh.
- Heather Gottlieb replaced Murphy as Tai.
- Teachers Mr. Hall, Ms. Geist, and Coach Stoeger (played by their respective actors) appeared in the series, but Coach Stoeger's surname was changed to "Diemer".
A collection of books was also published after the release of the film by Simon Spotlight Entertainment publishing company from 1995-1999. These books were published as paperbacks and aimed at adolescent readers.
Iggy Azalea's music video for her song "Fancy", featuring Charli XCX, had adaptations of Clueless. The music video's plot revolved around the film's, however remaking the movie more modern. It takes place in the same high school and on the same highway.