- James, Winston (2001), A Fierce Hatred of Injustice: Claude McKay's Jamaica and His Poetry of Rebellion, London: Verso. ISBN 978-1859847404.
- James, Winston (2003), "Becoming the People's Poet: Claude McKay's Jamaican Years, 1889-1912," in Small Axe: A Caribbean Journal of Criticism, March 2003, No. 13, pp. 17–45.
- Long, Richard A., Afro-American Writing: An Anthology of Prose and Poetry, Penn State Press, 1985. ISBN 0-271-00376-6
Chicago Defender articles
- "Claude McKay, African Poet, Made Co-Editor", The Chicago Defender (National edition)(1921-1267), April 2, 1921; ProQuest Historical Newspapers: Chicago Defender (1910-1975).
- "Claude McKay, noted, Poet, Author, Once Idol of Russia, Dies Here", The Chicago Defender (1921-1967), May 29, 1948.
- "McKay Going to Russia", The Chicago Defender (National edition)(1921-1967), August 19, 1922.
- "Claude McKay by James Weldon Johnson", The Chicago Defender (National edition)(1921-1267), March 3, 1928.
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is
providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a
professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do
not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your
discretion when relying on it.