- Sunday Anozie, Christopher Okigbo: Creative Rhetoric. London: Evan Brothers Ltd., and New York: Holmes and Meier, Inc.,1972.
- Uzoma Esonwanne, ed. 2000. Critical Essays on Christopher Okigbo. New York: G. K. Hall & Co.
- Ali Mazrui, The Trial of Christopher Okigbo. A Novel. London: Heinemann, 1971.
- Donatus Ibe Nwoga, Critical Perspectives on Christopher Okigbo, An Original by Three Continents Press, 1984 (ISBN 0-89410-259-1).
- Christopher Okigbo, Labyrinths With Path of Thunder, Africana Publishing Corporation, New York, 1971 (ISBN 0-8419-0016-7).
- Dubem Okafor, Dance of Death: Nigerian History and Christopher Okigbo’s Poetry. Trenton, NJ, and Asmara, Eritrea: Africa World Press, 1998.
- Udoeyop, Nyong J., Three Nigerian Poets: A Critical Study of the Poetry of Soyinka, Clark, and Okigbo. Ibadan: Ibadan University Press, 1973.
- James Wieland, The Ensphering Mind: History, Myth and Fictions in the Poetry of Allen Curnow, Nissim Ezekiel. A. D. Hope, A. M. Klein, Christopher Okigbo and Derek Walcott. Washington, DC: Three Continents Press, 1988.
Don't Let Him Die: an anthology of memorial poems in honour of Christopher Okigbo on the 10 anniversary of his death edited by Chinua Achebe and Dubem Okafor. Enugu, Nigeria: Fourth Dimension Publishers, 1978.
See also for more details on Okigbo, Crossroads: an anthology of poems in honour of Christopher Okigbo on the 40th anniversary of his death edited by Patrick Oguejiofor and Uduma Kalu.(Lagos, Nigeria: Apex Books Limited, 2008)
The most authoritative published source on Okigbo to date is Obi Nwakanma's Christopher Okigbo, 1930–67: Thirsting for Sunglight (Woodbridge: James Currey, 2010)
- Brecht’s and Okigbo’s work represent two different political approaches to modernism essay with approaches to Okigbo's work via intercessions into the work Brecht, Derrida and Foucault