Catch-22 Study Guide & Essays
In the preface to his new edition, Joseph Heller recalls when he originally submitted Catch-22 to various magazines, including The Atlantic and The New Yorker. He describes how the novel was dismissed, not even making the New York Times bestseller list. It was even snubbed among elitist literary…
Catch-22 study guide contains a biography of Joseph Heller, literature essays, quiz questions, major themes, characters, and a full summary and analysis.
- Catch-22 Summary
- About Catch-22
- Character List
- Glossary of Terms
- Major Themes
- Summary and Analysis of Chapters 1-7
- Summary and Analysis of Chapters 8-14
- Summary and Analysis of Chapters 15-21
- The Portrayal of Capitalism and Free Enterprise in Catch-22
- A Story about a Yo-Yo: How Catch-22 comes full circle without being circular
- There's always a "Catch"
- The Unanswered Question: Holden Caulfield, John Yossarian and the Fate of Innocence
- Daneeka and Thoughtful Laughter in Catch-22