Candide Quiz 2
1. A critic attacks Candide for his _________ response to the performance of Miss Clairon.
2. The Man of Letters strikes Candide as
- pretentious and intellectually facile
- feckless and weak
- brilliant, a "second Pangloss"
- mysterious and inscrutable
This excerpt of this quiz is provided for free. To view and take the complete quiz or get access to our full library of Literature Essays, please subscribe below or log in if you are already subscribed.
Join Now - Choose a Membership Level
GradeSaver provides access to quizzes, 3321 literature essays, 1017 sample college application essays and ad-free surfing in this premium content, "Members Only" section of the site! Membership includes a 10% discount on all editing orders.
We have been mentioned in the Washington Post, the Economist, and many other papers around the world for our exceptional essays. GradeSaver has reviewed each essay for quality; these essays are the very best on the Internet and many have been written by students of Ivy League colleges.
|3-Day Trial (recurring)||$2.95 *|
|30-Day Trial (recurring)||$6.95 *|
|1 Month Membership (one-time charge)||$12.95|
|12 Month Membership (one-time charge)||$49.95|
* After your trial period, you will be billed a monthly fee of $6.95 with the option to cancel at any time. Questions? Read our FAQ.
Candide Essays and Related Content
- Candide: Major Themes
- Candide: Essays
- Candide: E-Text
- Candide: Questions
- Candide: Purchase the Novel and Related Material
- Voltaire: Biography
- Candide Summary
- About Candide
- Character List
- Major Themes
- Summary and Analysis of Chapters I-IV
- Summary and Analysis of Chapters V-XII
- Summary and Analysis of Chapters XIII-XX
- Summary and Analysis of Chapters XXI-XXV
- Summary and Analysis of Chapters XXVI-XXX
- Related Links on Candide
- Test Yourself! - Quiz 1
- Test Yourself! - Quiz 2
- Author of ClassicNote and Sources