Premium Content The Anomaly of Moseley
By Nathaniel Popper - February 19, 2002
The single chapter in As I Lay Dying where Moseley becomes the narrative focalizer, is anomalous because the focalizer is a character that had not yet been mentioned, and is never mentioned again. The general pattern in the novel is that each focalizer is either a recurring character, or is mentioned for the first time in the last sentences of one…
This excerpt of the essay is provided for free. To read the complete essay of 640 words or to get access to our full library of Literature Essays, please subscribe below or log in if you are already subscribed.
Join Now - Choose a Membership Level
GradeSaver provides access to quizzes, 3009 literature essays, 895 sample college application essays and ad-free surfing in this premium content, "Members Only" section of the site! Membership includes a 10% discount on all editing orders.
We have been mentioned in the Washington Post, the Economist, and many other papers around the world for our exceptional essays. GradeSaver has reviewed each essay for quality; these essays are the very best on the Internet and many have been written by students of Ivy League colleges.
|3-Day Trial (recurring)||$2.95 *|
|30-Day Trial (recurring)||$6.95 *|
|1 Month Membership (one-time charge)||$12.95|
|12 Month Membership (one-time charge)||$49.95|
* After your trial period, you will be billed a monthly fee of $6.95 with the option to cancel at any time. Questions? Read our FAQ.
As I Lay Dying Essays and Related Content
- As I Lay Dying: Study Guide
- As I Lay Dying: Major Themes
- As I Lay Dying: Questions
- As I Lay Dying: Purchase the Novel and Related Material
- William Faulkner: Biography
- The Anomaly of Moseley
- The Relativism of Reality in Faulkner's As I Lay Dying
- Shifting Sanity in As I Lay Dying
- From Fish to Horses, What is Love?: The Bundrens' Definitive and Unusual Answer
- Subjectivitiy in As I Lay Dying
- Jewel's Development in As I Lay Dying
- Semantics and Modes of Communication in As I Lay Dying
- “Violent Love” and Other Notions of Dysfunctional Relationships in Faulkner's As I Lay Dying
- Examinations of Philosophy and Identity in Faulkner’s As I Lay Dying