As I Lay Dying Study Guide & Essays
As I Lay Dying was published in 1930, immediately following the work that many consider to be Faulkner's masterpiece, The Sound and the Fury. The Sound and the Fury is widely considered to be among the greatest of the modernist novels, and is hailed as a masterpiece of 20th century literature.
As I Lay Dying study guide contains a biography of William Faulkner, literature essays, quiz questions, major themes, characters, and a full summary and analysis.
- As I Lay Dying Summary
- About As I Lay Dying
- Character List
- Major Themes
- Summary and Analysis of Section 1
- Summary and Analysis of Section 2
- Summary and Analysis of Section 3
- Summary and Analysis of Section 4
- The Anomaly of Moseley
- The Relativism of Reality in Faulkner's As I Lay Dying
- Shifting Sanity in As I Lay Dying
- From Fish to Horses, What is Love?: The Bundrens' Definitive and Unusual Answer
- Subjectivitiy in As I Lay Dying