Answers 1Add Yours
The seven commandments are:
1. Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
2. Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
3. No animal shall wear clothes.
4. No animal shall sleep in a bed.
5. No animal shall drink alcohol.
6. No animal shall kill any other animal.
7. All animals are equal.
On the surface these seem to be utopian but they are also easily malleable. They are changed, shifted and "spun" to support Napoleon's personal vision. Consider what is perhaps the most important of Old' Major's rules, "All animals are equal" is changed to, "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." This allows for a completely different meaning.