- McCourt, Frank. Angela's Ashes. New York: Scribner, 1996.
- McCourt, Frank. 'Tis. New York: Simon and Schuster, 2000.
- McCourt, Frank. Teacher Man. New York: Schibner, 2005.
- McCourt, Malachy. A Monk Swimming: A Memoir.. New York: Hyperion, 1998.
Mitchell, James B. "Popular Autobiography as Historiography: The Reality Effect of Frank McCourt's Angela's Ashes." Biography, Vol. 26, 2003
Bartnik, Ryszard. "The Comic and the Tragic in the Drama of Irish Belonging in Frank McCourt's and Dermot Healy's Autobiographies," in Ironies of Art/Tragedies of Life. Frankfurt, Germany: Peter Lang, 2005. pp. 153-75.
Matiko, Beverly J. "Ritual and the Rhetoric of Repetition in Angela's Ashes." Michigan Academician, 2000 July; 32 (3): 289-97.
- McCaffrey, John Lawrence. "The Irish Story: Telling Tales and Making it up in Ireland." New Hibernia Review. 2003-07-01. 2006-07-10. <http://muse.jhu.edu>.
- Levy, Peter. "The Predicament of Individuality in Angela's Ashes." Irish University Review: A Journal of Irish Studies 2002 Autumn-Winter; 32 (2): 259-72. 2002-01-01. 2006-07-10. <http://infotrac.galegroup.com>.
- Harrington. "Angela's Ashes." Literature Film Quarterly vol:29, p. 58. 2001-01-01. 2006-07-11. <http://iipaft.chadwyck.com>.