- Backscheider, P B, Daniel Defoe.His Life, The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore and London, 1989.
- “Social Projects”, Daniel Defoe. The Collection of the Lily Library,Indiana University Bloomington, 2008, retrieved 25 October 2015, <http://www.indiana.edu/~liblilly/defoe/projects.html>
- George, M D, London Life in the Eightenth Century, Penguin Books, Great Britain, 1979.
- Maldonado, T, “Defoe and the ‘Projecting Age’”,MIT Press, vol. 18, no. 1, 2002, pp. 78-85, retrieved 20 October 2015, JSTOR, <http://www.jstor.org/stable/1512032>
- Moore, J R, "Defoe's Persona as Author: The Quaker's Sermon", Studies in English Literature, 1500-1900, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 507-516, retrieved 20 November 2015, JSTOR, <http://www.jstor.org/stable/449910>
- Novak, M E, “Last Productive Years”,Daniel Defoe Master of Fictions. His Life and Ideas, Oxford University Press, United States of America, 2001.
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.