Read Scenes 2 and 3.
Common Core Objectives
• Work on reading well: learning how to track themes and characters; appreciating the narrative structure and achievement of good writing.
• Introduction to thinking well: using the discussion questions to do more than just read; assessing the oral reading of peers.
• Introduction to speaking well: developing oral skills through vocabulary development, discussion of thought questions, and reading aloud.
• Creative skill: using song or poetry to express emotions and thoughts that cannot be expressed in prose.
• Understanding others: considering why people often misunderstand one another (focusing on the two sisters' difficulties...