- Sterne, Laurence. A Sentimental Journey and Other Writings. New York: Oxford University Press, 2003.
Parnell, Tim. "Introduction," in Laurence Sterne, A Sentimental Journey and Other Writings. New York: Oxford University Press, Inc., 2003.
Kavanagh, Keryl. "Discounting Language: A Vehicle for Interpreting Laurence Sterne's A Sentimental Journey," The Journal of Narrative Technique, Vol. 22, No. 2 (Spring, 1992), pp. 136-144.
Chadwick, Joseph. “Infinite Jest: Interpretation in Sterne's A Sentimental Journey”. Eighteenth-Century Studies 12.2 (1978): 190–205.
Koppel, Gene. "Fulfillment through Frustration: Some Aspects of Sterne's Art of the Incomplete in A Sentimental Journey," Studies in the Novel 2.2 (1970): 168–172.
Gould, Rebecca. “Sterne's Sentimental Yorick as Male Hysteric”. Studies in English Literature, 1500-1900 36.3 (1996): 641–653.
Stout, Gardner D. “Yorick's Sentimental Journey: A Comic "Pilgrim's Progress" for the Man of Feeling”. ELH 30.4 (1963): 395–412.
- Williams, John. "Peter Whitfield Talks About the History of Travel Literature." New York Times. 1/4/16. <http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/14/peter-whitfield-talks-about-the-history-of-travel-literature/?_r=0>.
- "Getting Started: Travel and Travel Accounts in World History." 1/4/16. <http://chnm.gmu.edu/worldhistorysources/unpacking/travelaccts.html>.
- Battestin, Martin C. "A Sentimental Journey." Facts on File Companion to the British Novel: Beginnings through the 19th Century, vol. 1. 1/5/16. <fofweb.com>.
- Hager, Alan . "Sterne, Laurence." Facts on File Companion to the British Novel: Beginnings through the 19th Century, vol. 1. 1/5/16. <fofweb.org>.