A&P and Other Stories Bibliography
by John Updike
Author of ClassicNote and Sources
Abigail Lind, author of ClassicNote. Completed on November 01, 2011, copyright held by GradeSaver.
Updated and revised by Christine McKeever February 06, 2012. Copyright held by GradeSaver.
John Updike. The Early Stories: 1953-1975. New York: Knopf, 2003.
John Updike. Pigeon Feathers. New York: Knopf, 1962.
Jack De Bellis. The John Updike Encyclopedia. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 2000.Peter Ha. "Fuzzbuster: All-TIME 100 Gadgets." TIME Magazine. 2010-10-25. 2011-10-07. <http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2023689_2023753_2023784,00.html>.Katie Roiphe. "The Naked and the Conflicted." The New York Times. 2009-12-31. 2011-10-07. <http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/03/books/review/Roiphe-t.html?ref=review>.Anna Shapiro. "Updike's Women." The Guardian. 2009-01-28. 2011-10-08. <http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/jan/28/john-updike-women>.Arthur Mizener. "Behind the Dazzle is a Knowing Eye." The New York Times. 1962-03-18. 2011-10-31. <http://www.nytimes.com/books/97/04/06/lifetimes/updike-r-pigeon2.html>.Stanley K. Schultz. "The 1950s: The Cold War and the Affluent Society." 2011-10-31. <http://us.history.wisc.edu/hist102/lectures/lecture24.html>.Lee Siegel. "Book Review: "The Early Stories, 1953-1975" by John Updike." The LA Times. 2003-11-16. 2012-02-04. <http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-bk-updike-early-stories,0,1464159.story>.Author N/A. "John Updike: An American Subversive." The Economist. 2009-01-29. 2012-02-05. <http://www.economist.com/node/13014056?story_id=13014056>.
John Updike. "Short Easter." The New Yorker 27 March 1989: pp. 38-42. Print.
M. Gilbert Porter. "John Updike's 'A&P': The Establishment and an Emersonian Cashier." The English Journal 61.8, Nov. 1972: pp. 1155-1158.
John Updike. "Separating." The New Yorker 23 June 1975: pp. 36-41. Print.
A&P and Other Stories Essays and Related Content
- A&P and Other Stories: Major Themes
- A&P and Other Stories: Questions
- A&P and Other Stories: Purchase the Novel and Related Material
- John Updike: Biography
- A&P and Other Stories Summary
- About A&P and Other Stories
- Character List
- Glossary of Terms
- Major Themes
- Quotes and Analysis
- Summary and Analysis of Ace in the Hole
- Summary and Analysis of A & P, Part 1
- Summary and Analysis of A & P, Part 2
- Summary and Analysis of A & P, Part 3
- Summary and Analysis of Pigeon Feathers
- Summary and Analysis of Separating
- Summary and Analysis of Short Easter
- Consumerism and the Cold War
- Related Links on A&P and Other Stories
- Suggested Essay Questions
- Test Yourself! - Quiz 1
- Test Yourself! - Quiz 2
- Test Yourself! - Quiz 3
- Test Yourself! - Quiz 4
- Author of ClassicNote and Sources